Skip to main content
Covid Related Guidelines. December 8, 2022
- Passengers above the age of 12 years arriving in the country must show proof of either COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 PCR test. The COVID-19 PCR test must be conducted not more than 72 hours before departure.
- Vaccination means having received the prescribed doses of specific vaccine latest shot at least fourteen (14) days before arrival (not including the day of vaccination).
- Children below the age of twelve (12) years shall be exempt from the requirements of a vaccination certificate or Pre departure PCR test.
- Passengers above the age of twelve (12) with no proof of vaccination or a PCR test or those with flu-like symptoms shall be subjected to a rapid antigen test at their own cost of 30 USD. Any person who tests positive on antigen RDT will be subjected to entry PCR test at their own further cost of 50 USD and self-isolate as per the Ministry of Heath guidance on isolation.
- It is recommended that the COVID-19 vaccination certificate and/or COVID-19 PCR test results be uploaded at https://globalhaven.org/.
- PCR Test certificate has to be in English. If the results are in a language other than English, it is best to have them translated to English to avoid delays at the port of entry
- The Results form or Certificate should clearly state:
- The name of the client
- Which sample was collected for the test
- The date that the sample was collected
- The type of test carried out
- The name and address of the laboratory or the hospital where the test was done
- Passengers arriving with flu-like symptoms will be required to fill the passenger locator form on the “Jitenge Platform”: https://ears.health.go.ke/airline_registration/ and to undergo rapid antigen test at own cost regardless of age or vaccination status. If positive on antigen test they will be required to undergo a COVID-19 PCR test at their own cost.